This <15 min wonder makes prepping brunch after that brutal hangover something you'll actually look forward to.
- 2 slices of your favourite bread (we used Sourdough)
- 250g grape tomatoes
- 2 jalapeno peppers (or any other fresh hot pepper)
- ½ bunch of asparagus
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Zing Mogambo Spiced Garlic Spread
- 1 tsp canola oil (or whatever oil you typically cook with)
- 1 tbsp of Zing Hakka-ish Chili Oil (optional)
- Bring pot of water to boil, preheat broiler. Preheating everything makes cooking much quicker. Do it.
- Toss the veggies in oil and place under the broiler until browned and blistered. You want the veggies to maintain their texture, so just taste a couple pieces as you go to make sure they're done. Tasting throughout the cooking process is generally a good idea so you'll know when to adjust for cook times and flavour!
- Toast bread under broiler while its still hot or use a toaster if you’re feeling extra lazy. Get it nice and toasty so it can absorb the moisture of the veggies without going soggy and gross.
- Poach the eggs to your liking. (Poaching Coles Notes: boiling water plus a drop of vinegar, add the egg in, then lower heat for approx. 2 minutes). You can soft boil the eggs (~5 mins) if the thought of perfectly poaching an egg stresses you out.
- Spread Mogambo on bread, place veggies and egg on top.
- Finish with Hakka-ish if your chillies aren’t hot enough for you to impress your friends.
A fan favourite! Mogambo Spiced Garlic Spread has a smooth garlicky sweetness + a bright, lemony tang + a little spicy kick + perfumed with turmeric earthiness.
Why did we name our spiced garlic spread after a much-memed movie baddie from '80s Bollywood? It's a vibe.