This Roman classic gets an exciting, spicy, smokey twist by adding Boom Seasoning Salt. Delicious, comforting, and it’s ready in under 15 minutes.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 120g Rigatoni dried pasta
- 4 slices of bacon/pancetta/guanciale
- 100g pecorino cheese
- 2 tbsp Boom Seasoning Salt
- 2 egg yolks
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook 1 minute under package instructions. We drain it 1 minute under package instructions because it will continue cooking in the pan when combined with the other ingredients.
- While the pasta cooks, get everything else ready. Cut the bacon into lardons (small chunks) and place in a dry cold pan, and place on medium heat. You don’t need to add any oil as the fat will render out of the bacon as it crisps. When it’s ready, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Finely grate the pecorino into a bowl, reserving a little for garnish. Add the egg yolks, the boom, and stir until combined.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and reserve a couple tablespoons of the water. Add to the pan with the bacon and toss together. Add the cheese and egg mixture, and mix off the heat, the residual heat in the pasta will cook the egg, placing it back on the heat will scramble the eggs.