This fun take on the classic egg salad sandwich makes the perfect midweek lunch.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp mayo
- Handful of chives
- ½ tsp Ooomami Seasoning Salt
- ½ a cucumber
- 2 slices of sourdough (or any other sandwich friendly bread)
- To start, boil the eggs. We want them between hard and soft boiled, so, medium boiled? Lets go with that. Bring a pot of water to a boil, and add the eggs. Cook for 7 minutes.
- When cooked, add to ice water. This does 2 things: stops the eggs from cooking more, and it makes the eggs much easier to peel. Allow to fully cool, at least 10 minutes.
- While the eggs cool, prepare everything else. Slice the cucumber thinly and set aside, and slice the chives.
- When the eggs are cooled, peel them and cut them into chunks. You want to be able to distinguish the rich, jammy egg yolks from the whites, so don’t go too fine.
- To serve the sandwiches, spread the mayo onto the bread, and lay the cucumber on top. Spoon the chopped egg over, and top with the chives and Ooomami.