Tender chicken, crispy green beans, with the tingly, numbing spice of Mala Chili Seasoning Salt.
Note: Mala is currently only available to Zing Test Kitchen participants, but give this recipe a go with any of our other seasoning salts!
- 1 chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (optional but highly recommended)
- ½ teaspoon of soy sauce (optional but highly recommended)
- ½ lb of green beans
- 2 tbsp of Mala Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp of cooking oil
- Thinly slice the chicken. If using, stir in the soy sauce and baking soda, and let sit for 15 minutes. This tenderizes the chicken and gives it that slightly bouncy texture that you’re used to from chinese take out. Totally optional.
- Remove the stem end from the green beans.
- Heat a pan over a high heat, and add the oil. Add the chicken, and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add the green beans and cook for a further minute. Stir in the Mala and serve. It’s done, it’s delicious, it took 5 minutes.