Looking to cool off with a quick, refreshing summer recipe? This ceviche with DIY tostada shells recipe is guaranteed to impress.
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 150-200g fresh white fish (see notes)
- Handful of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ½ a small red onion
- 4-6 limes, juiced
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 tbsp Mala Chili Seasoning Salt
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- Preheat your oven to 400f. Rub or brush the oil into the tortillas, and toast for around 5 minutes, until dried and crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Dice the onions and jalapeno, and place in a bowl. Pour the lime juice over the veggies, and allow them to lightly pickle, this will remove the harshness from the onions and slightly soften the jalapeno.
- Dice the fish into small cubes. 15 minutes before you’re ready to serve, add the fish to the lime and veggie mixture, along with the tomatoes and Mala. Stir, and allow to sit. If you prefer the fish to be a little more firm, you can let it sit for up to 4 hours.
- To serve, spoon the mixture onto the tostada’s, and top with the avocado.
Chefs notes: We used Atlantic cod, but you can use any white fish you like. While you can use many types of fish for this, it’s definitely a dish that benefits from sourcing the freshest fish you can find.
We used onion, jalapeno and tomato, but feel free to swap in any veggies you like. Cucumber, celery, radish, fennel, the options are endless, make it your own.