Spiced Chickpeas with a Poached Egg
by Zing Kitchen
Need a new take on brunch? Our Smoki chickpea with a soft poached egg is an easy, healthy, and almost unreasonably delicious way to kickstart your weekend. P.S. also makes for a great 15 minute weeknight dinner, served with your carb of choice!
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 4 tbsp Smoki Seasoning Salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ an onion
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp light coloured vinegar (optional)
- Finely slice the onion. Heat a pan over a medium heat, add the oil and saute the onion until it starts to turn brown. Add the tomato paste, and cook for a further 30 seconds. Add the chickpeas, Smoki and water, and cook for 10 minutes, until it’s thickened.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Adding a couple teaspoons of vinegar helps when poaching eggs, but isn’t completely necessary.
- Reduce to a light simmer, and gently crack in the eggs, and cook for around 2 minutes. Remove from the water, and drain on paper towel.
- To serve, place the egg on top of the chickpeas.
Feeling indulgent? Add a slice of toasted sourdough.