30 Minute Meals · Mala · Seasonings · Vegetarian ·
Charred Corn Salad
Sweet, spicy, salty charred corn with a rich, tangy dressing, this salad makes the perfect accompaniment for any meal.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 ears of corn (or 2 cups frozen corn)
- ½ cucumber - diced
- ½ red onion - diced
- 1 bell pepper - diced
- 4 radishes - sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 tbsp Zing Mala Chili Seasoning Salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (or any other unflavored oil)
- Grill corn on barbecue or roast in a hot oven until lightly charred.
- Use a knife and shave the kernels off the cob (or use frozen corn and char in a pan over high heat. Use a lid, some of the kernels will pop!)
- Add the cucumber, red onions, bell peppers.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine the garlic, sesame oil, honey, soy, vinegar, Mala, salt and vegetable oil and stir well.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad, and give it a good mix to serve.
Notes: Reserve any extra vinaigrette in a jar in your fridge, this will keep for a couple weeks and is an incredibly versatile dressing.