Honestly no description will do this pork chop justice. It’s exactly as good as it sounds, and as a bonus, it's keto-friendly.
Chicharron or Chicharrones are typically seasoned and deep fried pork rinds, but can be made in various styles. They originated in Andalucia, Spain (chicharrón) but you'll find they are a popular feature across food cultures in Latin America and Asia including in Mexico, Philippines, Colombia, and Thailand among other places.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 thick cut, bone in pork chops
- ½ tsp cooking oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Mogambo Spiced Garlic Spread
- 50g chicharron (we bought ours)
- Heat a pan over a medium high heat.
- Rub the oil into the pork chops, and season with salt. If you’re trying to impress people, ask your butcher to “french trim” the pork.
- Cook to your desired doneness. We like it medium - slightly blushing - but if that’s not your style cook it until fully well done.
- Remove from the pan, and rest for 5 minutes.
- While it rests, crush up the chicharron on a plate. Think corn flake consistency, doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Brush the Mogambo onto the pork chops, and then roll in the chicharron to coat.
Notes: You’ll want to cook this one, it’s really good. Impress your friends and make it for a dinner party or a date.
A fan favourite! Mogambo Spiced Garlic Spread has a smooth garlicky sweetness + a bright, lemony tang + a little spicy kick + perfumed with turmeric earthiness.