15 Minute Meals · Budget Friendly · Mogambo · Sauces · Seasonings · Smoki · Weeknight Dinner ·
"Chicken Kebab" Burger
Our take on the Indian street food classic is a fun alternative to a regular grilled burger, and is ready in under 15 minutes. Smoki is your shortcut to spice forward flavours from cumin and coriander and nearly 15 other spices, umami-rich mushroom, and salt all in one!
This recipe was inspired by Chef Chintan Pandya's Spiced Chicken Burger in Bon Apetit, but with a Smoki twist!
Makes two burgers
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- ½ pound (227g) ground chicken
- 2 burger buns (we used brioche)
- 2 slices of cheese (any melting cheese is good, we used provolone)
- ½ an onion, cut into thick slices
- ½ a tomato, sliced
- Handful of lettuce leaves, sliced (we used iceberg)
- 4 tbsp Mogambo Mayo (recipe here but spoiler: it's Mogambo + Mayo)
- 2 tbsp Smoki Seasoning Salt
- 1 green onion, slices
- Handful of chopped cilantro
- Heat a grill or pan to medium-high.
- In a bowl, mix the green onion, cilantro, Smoki and ground chicken. Combine until the Smoki is evenly mixed throughout.
- Form into 2 patties a little wider than your buns. Add to the pan or grill, along with the onions, and cook for 4-5 minutes each side until cooked through. Remove from the grill/pan place the cheese on top of the patties, and allow to rest for 3 to 4 minutes.
- While the patties rest, toast the buns on the grill/pan,
- To prepare the burgers, spread the Mo’ Mayo on the inside of each bun, and add the patties. On top of the patties, add the charred onions, sliced tomatoes, lettuce and place the top bun on.