Looking for an even quicker and easier alternative to a fresh peach pie recipe? This is one of the easiest dessert recipes you’ll make, and our food processor method makes for a great shortcut.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 3lb peaches, pitted and sliced
- 4-6 tbsp brown sugar
- 100g butter cubed (plus 1tbsp for the filling)
- 100g all purpose flour
- 50g oats
- 2 tbsp Hakka-ish Chili Crisp
- Place the butter in the freezer to chill. This is best to do ahead of time.
- Heat a pan or pot over a medium-high heat. Add the butter, 2 tbsp of the sugar, and the peaches. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until the peaches start to break down. Taste for sweetness, you might need to add a little more sugar depending on the ripeness. Pour into an oven dish.
- While the peaches cook, make the crumble. Add the flour and butter to a food processor, and pulse 3-4 times until the crumble is a coarse, grainy texture. You don’t want this to be smooth, you want it to be coarse and uneven, just make sure the big lumps of butter are worked in. This can also be done with your fingertips, but will take a little longer.
- Stir in the oats, 2 tbsp of the sugar, and the Hakka-ish.
- Pour the crumble over the filling, and place in an oven at 400f for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- We served it with ice cream, but it’s also great with whipped cream, natural yogurt, clotted cream, or even just by itself.