On the hunt for unique holiday roast recipes, or just something that's easier and more exciting than the usual turkey and ham recipes? This crispy pork belly, complemented with warm jerk spices makes for the perfect christmas dinner recipe.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 2.5 hours
- 1kg pork belly
- 4 tbsp Zesti Jerk Seasoning Salt
- 2 tsp salt
- Cut thick slashes into the bottom side of the pork belly, leaving the skin intact. Sprinkle the Zesti on top, and rub it in, making sure it gets into all the little grooves so the flavour penetrates more.
- Place the pork onto a piece of foil, and fold the foil so that it covers the sides of the pork, but not the top. Sprinkle the salt on top, and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Place on a tray, and bake at 340f for 2 hours.
- Preheat your broiler to med-high, and place the pork under for 10-15 minutes, or until the pork belly crisps up. You want the skin bubbling up, but