If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal or just craving some umami goodness, this is the recipe for you! Featuring our pantry hero Ooomami, this 10 minute noodle dish is a great snack, lunch, or with a little boost (see: notes), a delightful dinner.
- 150g soba noodles
- ½ a cucumber
- 1 lime
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp honey (optional)
- 3 tbsp Ooomami Seasoning Salt
- Handful of cilantro
- To start, cook the noodles to package instructions. Around 5 minutes usually.
- While the noodles boil, slice the cucumber thinly. We julienned it, but you can just thinly slice it on an angle if you’re not feeling cheffy today.
- Next, make the dressing. In a bowl, mix the lime juice, sesame oil, olive oil, honey, and 1 tbsp of the Ooomami. Set aside.
- Drain the noodles, and rinse under cold water. This will remove excess starch, and stop the cooking. Let drain for a minute. Add the cucumber and the dressing, and toss.
- Serve chilled, topped with the remainder of the Ooomami, and some sliced cilantro. So refreshing, so good.
Notes / Make it vegan: Swap out the honey for maple syrup, or just omit it. Want a more substantial meal? Add some crumbled firm tofu.