Cucumber and Lime Soba Noodles
by Zing Kitchen
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal or just craving some umami goodness, this is the recipe for you! Featuring our pantry hero Ooomami, this 10 minute noodle dish is a great snack, lunch, or with a little boost (see: notes), a delightful dinner.
- 150g soba noodles
- ½ a cucumber
- 1 lime
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp honey (optional)
- 3 tbsp Ooomami Seasoning Salt
- Handful of cilantro
- To start, cook the noodles to package instructions. Around 5 minutes usually.
- While the noodles boil, slice the cucumber thinly. We julienned it, but you can just thinly slice it on an angle if you’re not feeling cheffy today.
- Next, make the dressing. In a bowl, mix the lime juice, sesame oil, olive oil, honey, and 1 tbsp of the Ooomami. Set aside.
- Drain the noodles, and rinse under cold water. This will remove excess starch, and stop the cooking. Let drain for a minute. Add the cucumber and the dressing, and toss.
- Serve chilled, topped with the remainder of the Ooomami, and some sliced cilantro. So refreshing, so good.
Notes / Make it vegan: Swap out the honey for maple syrup, or just omit it. Want a more substantial meal? Add some crumbled firm tofu.