Salad of our dreams, hello! Make it when you're feeling fancy on a weeknight, or just need a pick-me-up after a rough day. Ready in 20 mins, super healthy, but feels like a weeknight treat - name a better combo, we'll wait.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1.5 cups of dried brown lentils
- 1 piece of fresh Mozzarella
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp honey (optional)
- 1 small head of radicchio
- 2 tbsp and a 1 tsp Ooomami Seasoning Salt
- Rinse the lentils, and place in a pot with plenty of boiling, salted water. Cook until *just* tender (don't let them get smooshy), approx 15-18 mins. Drain and rinse in cold water. This stops the cooking, and removes any extra starch. Drain completely, and set aside.
- While the lentils cook, cut the radicchio into quarters, and cut off the stem. Cut in half once more lengthways, and separate. Set aside.
- If you’re feeling fancy, peel and segment a few pieces of grapefruit for garnish. If not, who cares, it will still be delicious. Squeeze the juice out of the remainder of the grapefruit. Add the vinegar, 1 tsp of Ooomami, honey and olive oil. Combine, and your vinaigrette is done.
- Toss the radicchio in some of the dressing, and place on a serving dish or large bowl. Pour the remainder of the dressing into the lentils and toss together, and spread out over the radicchio.
- Drain the mozzarella, and tear over the salad. Spread the grapefruit segments that you may or may not have prepared, and finish with the Ooomami. It’s done. It’s delicious. Go you.
Notes: This salad is really customizable. Don’t have brown lentils? Use green lentils, or yellow lentils. Don’t want to go to the hassle of making it look fancy? Just mix it all together and place in a tupper ware, this makes a great weekday lunch.