A really good sandwich.
by Zing Kitchen
What do you get when Dan Dan Noodles meet the iconic New York Style Chopped Cheese? A really good sandwich. What's even better, it’s ready in 10 minutes. Treat yourself, make this sandwich.
- 2 Banh Mi rolls/Demi-baguettes
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp preserved mustard greens
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinkiang vinegar (Chinese black vinegar)
- 2 tbsp Hakka-ish Chili Crisp
- 2 American cheese singles
- Heat a pan over a high heat until smoking, and add the oil. Add in the pork and break up with a wooden spoon. Stir for 30 seconds, breaking up any large lumps. Add the garlic, ginger and cook for a further minute and a half, until cooked through. Add the mustard greens, soy sauce, Chinese black vinegar, and 1 tbsp of Hakka-ish, and set aside.
- Heat your broiler to high. Cut your bread rolls open, and spoon in the mix. Place the processed goodness on top, and put under the broiler for 20-30 seconds to melt the cheese. Serve. Stuff your face. Have a revelation. Enjoy it.
Notes: American cheese isn't the greatest thing, but nothing melts quite like it. It's more for mouth-feel than flavour. Please trust us on this, you won’t regret it.
If you can’t get mustard greens, sub in scallions. If you can’t get black vinegar, use whatever vinegar you have.