Looking for some fun, new breakfast ideas? This fun twist on eggs benedict is the luxurious breakfast you’ve been craving.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 English muffins
- 100g smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp Hakka-ish Chili Crisp
- To start, pre-poach the eggs. This will make assemble a lot easier. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the vinegar, and gently add four of the eggs. Simmer for around 2 minutes until the whites are cooked, but the yolks are still soft. Remove the eggs and cool them in ice water until ready to serve.
- To make the hollandaise, bring a pot of water to a boil. Separate the remaining egg yolks from the whites, and add the yolks to a heat proof bowl. Place the bowl over the boiling water, and whisk continuously for around 2 minutes, until the yolk starts to thicken very slightly. Add the salt and lemon juice, whisk, and slowly add the butter, whisking continuously until it’s all incorporated, and remove the bowl from the pot of boiling water. To finish, add the Hakka-ish, cover, and set aside until ready to serve.
- Toast the english muffins, and add the chilled eggs to the boiling water, these only need around a minute to reheat, remove and allow to drain.
- Lay the smoked salmon onto the muffins, place an egg on top, and then generously spoon over the chili infused hollandaise.
Notes: Don’t like smoked salmon? Use ham instead. Vegetarian? Use wilted greens.