Healthy, delicious, light and filling. This salad is vegan by design, and it’s perfect to make in advance for a quick, easy lunch or dinner.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 tomato
- 1 green onion
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Smoki Seasoning Salt
- Cut the eggplant into cubes, around 1cm thick. Toss with the salt, and allow to drain in a colander for 15 minutes. This removes the bitterness that eggplant can have.
- While the eggplant salts, dice the tomato in cubes, similar in size to the eggplant. Slice the green onion, and drain the chickpeas. Combine in a bowl with a splash of olive oil and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400f. Toss the eggplant with the Smoki and the olive oil, and place on a lined tray. Roast for 15 minutes, until browned all over.
- To serve, spread the tomato and chickpea mix out on a plate or in a bowl, and spoon the eggplant on top. This is delicious hot or cold.