Charred Citrus with Fennel and Radicchio Salad and Chili Crisp Vinaigrette
by Zing Kitchen
Brighten up any picnic or BBQ with this delicious salad!
- 2 grapefruits
- 2 oranges
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 1 head of radicchio
- 4 tbsp of Hakka-ish Chili Crisp
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- With a knife, cut the skin off the citrus. To do this, cut the top and bottom off, and then follow the shape of fruit with a knife to remove the skin. Use where the pith meets the flesh as a guide, and repeat to remove all the skin. After that, cut the citrus into 8 pieces, and set aside. With the pieces of skin that you cut off, squeeze the juice over a bowl. This will be the base for your dressing
- Slice the fennel and radicchio into half inch slices, and set aside. Add the Hakka-ish, salt and vinegar to the citrus juice, and toss with the fennel and radicchio.
- Over a high heat, place the citrus on the grill, and let char. You want burnt bits, they’ll look more burnt than they taste.
- Sprinkle the charred fruit over the salad to serve.
Notes: Not grilling and want a quick, delicious salad? Make this salad without grilling the citrus. It's still delicious!