This classic, originating in Rajasthan, India is healthy, comforting and refreshing. The warm spices of Hakka-ish Chili Crisp save you from the hassle of tempering spices, and makes this dish as delicious as it is fool-proof.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups/500ml of water
- 1 cup/250ml plain/natural yogurt
- 1 heaped tbsp of chickpea flour
- ¼ tsp sugar (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp Hakka-ish Chili Crisp
- In a cold pan, mix the water, yogurt, chickpea flour, sugar and salt until smooth. Place over a high heat and allow to come to a boil, stirring frequently.
- When it reaches a boil, reduce the heat to low, and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and spoon the Hakka-ish over to serve.
Notes: We served it with steamed rice and chopped coriander, but it’s great with paratha, or any flatbread.