Sweet, charred, smoky grilled carrots with a spicy, rich, nutty sauce, this quick, easy vegan dish proves that grilling isn't just for meat.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 bunch of carrots, peeled
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- Pinch of salt
- ½ a lemon
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp Hakka-ish Chili Crisp
- 1 tbsp of roasted pepita
- Heat your grill over a medium heat. Drizzle the salt and oil over the carrots, and place on the grill. Allow to color and cook for 8-10 until just cooked through.
- In a small bowl, mix the Hakka-ish, tahini and juice of a ¼ of a lemon.
- Spread the sauce onto the bottom of a serving dish, and spread the carrots on top. Top with the pepitas and some of the carrot tips if you have them.
Notes: We used pepitas, but feel free to use whatever nuts and seeds you have.