Looking for a quick, easy scone recipe, that’s ready to eat in just over 30 minutes? Look no further, this english scones recipe has you covered.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 225g all purpose flour
- 25g white sugar
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 50g butter (cubed)
- 150ml milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tbsp Buzz Hot Honey
- 2 tbsp clotted cream/butter
- Preheat your oven to 425 f.
- Place the cubed butter into your freezer for 10-15 minutes to chill.
- Place the chilled butter and the flour into a food processor and pulse for 4-5 seconds, until the mix is a coarse, sandy texture. If you don’t have a food processor, rub the butter and flour between your fingers until it’s still coarse, but the biggest pieces of butter have broken down.
- Add the sugar, combine, and then add the milk slowly, stirring to combine. When the milk is incorporated, it’s ready. Don’t overwork or knead the dough, you want to work it as little as possible. A few dry streaks is fine, it’s better to underwork this dough than to overwork it.
- Roll the dough out until it’s around an inch thick, adding a little flour if needed to prevent sticking. Using a small round cutter, cut out small scones, and re-roll the trimmings to make more scones. Alternatively, cut the scones into small squares, ours were around 1 inch wide.
- Beat the egg yolk, and brush onto the top of the scones, this will help them get a nice golden crust.
- Place on a lined tray, and bake for 10-12 minutes on the top rack until the scones are golden brown on top, and then allow to cool on a rack for around 10 minutes.
- To serve, break the scones open, spoon on some clotted cream or butter, and drizzle with plenty of Buzz.