Zesti, fragrant, and smoky - here's our take on oven-baked, crispy, jerk-style chicken. It makes one heck of a weeknight (or weekend) dinner!
Prep time: 5 minutes (plus marination time)
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp Zesti Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce (optional)
- ½ cucumber
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar (or any vinegar of your choice)
- Season chicken thighs with Zesti and soy, the soy is just for colour so no biggie if you don’t have it.
- Let the chicken sit for at least 30 mins, but with each passing hour it gets better. Overnight if you're a planner (we see you!)
- Thinly slice cucumber, season with salt and let it sit in a colander so the water can drain.
- Preheat oven to 400f, place chicken thighs on tray and cook for approx. 25 mins, until cooked and caramelized. Get it nice and caramelized because browning = flavour. Pop it under the broiler if you want to give it some char.
- Dress the cucumber with oil and vinegar and serve.
Zesti is inspired by us constantly craving the sweet, spicy, and floral flavours in Jamaican jerk spice, so it's perfect for this dish!