What's the secret ingredient, you ask?
It's Smoki. This was one of the first recipes that we ever tested using our Smoki Seasoning Salt, and probably the one where we knew we were onto something with Smoki.
This one is a crowdpleaser - so go ahead and make it for a crowd (only when safe to do so, friends! Be responsible! COVID is awful.) or snack away solo! You’ll never buy hummus from the store again.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Smoki Seasoning Salt
- 1 tbsp Mogambo Spiced Garlic Spread or a 1-2 cloves of garlic!
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Drain chickpeas. Place all ingredients other than salt in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth, usually 2-3 minutes, add water as needed to adjust consistency. Leaving it in longer than you normally would will lead to a beautiful, smooth, creamy hummus. Taste, and add a little salt if you want.
- Serve with an extra little drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch more Smoki.
Notes: If you leave it in a Tupperware container, it will keep in your fridge for a week. This is a really handy thing to have in your fridge to brighten up sandwiches, salads, or even just to snack on.