Zesti Blackened Salmon
by Zing Kitchen
Make this pan-seared salmon. It's easy, ready in a flash, needs only 3 ingredients (including the salmon) and tastes good even when it's cold. Make it on a busy weeknight or meal prep it for lunches.
- 2 pieces of salmon
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp Zesti Seasoning Salt
- Sprinkle the Zesti over the salmon, rubbing it into the fish.
- Heat a pan over a medium-high heat. Add the oil.
- Place the salmon into the pan, skin side down (if you’re not using skinless) and cook until dark. Go past golden brown here, around 1-2 minutes.
- Turn and cook for a further minute, until cooked through. Salmon cooks quickly, try not to overcook it.
Make it vegan: Swap the salmon for celery root, and cook at a lower temp (around medium heat) for longer. So good.
Notes: This is great in sandwiches and salads. Make a couple extra portions, and meal-prep your way to some delicious lunches.
Zesti is inspired by us constantly craving the sweet, spicy, and floral flavours in Jamaican jerk spice. It brightens up everything!