Black Bean, Cucumber and Whipped Ricotta Salad
This salad is light and refreshing, the perfect thing for these hot summer days, and it only takes 5 minutes to prepare.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 can of black beans
- ½ a cucumber
- 250g ricotta
- ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Zesti Seasoning Salt
- For the whipped ricotta, zest and juice the lemon, and add to the ricotta. Using a silicon spatula or a wooden spoon, beat the ricotta for 30 seconds to a minute, until it’s smooth, Set aside.
- Slice the cucumber. Drain, and rinse the black beans, and combine with the cucumber, olive oil, vinegar and Zesti, and stir to combine.
- To serve, spread the ricotta out on the bottom of a plate, and then spoon the bean and cucumber mix over the top. Garnish with a little extra olive oil if you’re feeling fancy.
Notes: Craving something substantial? Serve with a thick slice of bread and this salad makes an amazing meal.