1 Hour Meals · Boom · Seasonings · Weeknight Dinner ·
Lemon Butter Shrimp with Spicy Polenta
Our ode to “Shrimp and Grits” makes for the perfect dinner party meal, or even if you just want to impress yourself. It’s as comforting as it is delicious.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- ½ cup of polenta
- 2 cups of water (plus 2 tbsp for the shrimp)
- 3 tbsp Boom Seasoning Salt
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese
- ½ a lemon
- 10-12 shrimp
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- Bring the water to a boil. When it’s boiling, add the polenta all at once while whisking to avoid lumps. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- When the polenta is done, add ⅔ of the butter and Boom, and squeeze in half the lemon, and stir to combine.
- Heat a pan over a high heat, and add the remaining butter. When the butter is melted, add the shrimp. Don’t stir them too much, allow them to sit and caramelize. After 45 seconds to 1 minute, flip them. After another 45 seconds to a minute, add the remaining lemon juice Boom, and the remaining 2 tbsp of water. Stir to combine.
- Spread the polenta out on 2 plates, and pour over the shrimp and delicious buttery sauce. Roughly chop the cilantro and sprinkle on top.