Our ode to “Shrimp and Grits” makes for the perfect dinner party meal, or even if you just want to impress yourself. It’s as comforting as it is delicious.
- ½ cup of polenta
- 2 cups of water (plus 2 tbsp for the shrimp)
- 3 tbsp Boom Seasoning Salt
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese
- ½ a lemon
- 10-12 shrimp
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- Bring the water to a boil. When it’s boiling, add the polenta all at once while whisking to avoid lumps. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- When the polenta is done, add ⅔ of the butter and Boom, and squeeze in half the lemon, and stir to combine.
- Heat a pan over a high heat, and add the remaining butter. When the butter is melted, add the shrimp. Don’t stir them too much, allow them to sit and caramelize. After 45 seconds to 1 minute, flip them. After another 45 seconds to a minute, add the remaining lemon juice Boom, and the remaining 2 tbsp of water. Stir to combine.
- Spread the polenta out on 2 plates, and pour over the shrimp and delicious buttery sauce. Roughly chop the cilantro and sprinkle on top.