Looking to cook up some Diwali snacks, or just something spicy, sweet and crunchy to snack on? We’ve got you covered.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 250g cashews
- 250g peanuts
- 150g pepitas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 4 tbsp Mala Chili Seasoning Salt
- Preheat your oven to 375f. Place a pan over a medium heat, and add the sugar and water. Stir, and then add the nuts and seeds.
- Allow the water to dissolve, stirring frequently. When the water dissolved, the sugar will start to coat the nuts. Allow the water to fully cook off, the nuts should be covered in a thin, almost chalky layer of sugar.
- Spread onto a lined baking sheet, and cook for 15-20 minutes, checking every 5 minutes or so. You want the sugar to turn golden brown, but not burnt.
- When the nuts are caramelized, sprinkle the Mala on top, and return to the oven for another minute. Remove from the oven, allow to cool completely, and serve. Try not to eat them all in one sitting.
Chef’s notes: We used peanuts, cashews and pepitas, but use whatever you have. Sesame seeds, almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pecans etc all work really well, so use whatever you have!