One pan meals! This one pan wonder only takes 20 minutes to cook, is healthy, and absurdly good. Our take on Zesti-spiced pork is the perfect midweek dinner for when you want a home cooked meal, but just don't have the time to prep!
- 2 thick cut, bone in pork chops
- 150g Yu Choy (but you could sub in Bok Choy or any other greens of your choice!)
- 1 shallot
- 4 tbsp Zesti Seasoning Salt
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp Mogambo Spiced Garlic Spread
- 2 fresh chillies (optional)
- Rub the Zesti into the pork chops. You can do this just before cooking, but it’s best if done for at least 2 hours, to overnight. The salt and acid will cure the pork chop as it marinades, effectively dry brining it.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan over a medium heat. We used a cast iron, but you can use whatever you have. When it’s hot, add the pork chops. We used 1 inch thick chops, and they took around 10-12 mins on each side.
- While that cooks, trim the ends off your shallots, peel them, and cut them in half lengthways. Rinse your greens if they need a wash, and set aside.
- Halfway through cooking, turn the chops, and add the shallots and greens. Season them with salt, and let them sit. Let them colour until browned.
- After 4-5 minutes, turn the veggies over, and finish cooking. Remove the chops from the pan, and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving. You’d rest your steak - rest your chops too!
- While the pork rests, spoon the Mogambo into the pan, and stir it into the greens. You can mix the shallots into the greens here, or leave them separate.
- There’s no fancy serving instructions here, just dig in and enjoy your meal. Pork chops are underrated!
Make it vegan: Sub in the pork for eggplant, a portobello mushroom, or a thick slice of cauliflower. Add whatever veggies you want, we added some fresh chillies but feel free to add whatever is knocking about in your fridge!