Delicious happens when a pesto recipe and kale recipe come together! This healthy and satisfying recipe is family friendly, but equally a hit for date night, and it comes together in <20 min.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Approx 180g of dried rigatoni (or any other pasta)
- 1 bunch of kale, spines removed
- ½ cup of frozen peas
- 4 tbsp of parmesan cheese
- Small handful of roasted almonds
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Mogambo Garlic Spread
- Bring two pots of water to a boil. In one pot, add the pasta and salt, and cook according to package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, make the pesto. In the other pot of boiling water, add the kale and peas. Cook for 20-30 seconds over a high heat until the kale is wilted and the peas are defrosted. Drain, reserving a couple cups of the water, and place in ice water to cool.
- Once cooled, add a few tbsp of the water, the olive oil and almonds to a blender, and blend for around 20 seconds. Add the peas, half the parmesan, Mogambo, lemon zest and juice, and blend until almost smooth, around 20-30 more seconds. If it’s too thick, add a little extra of the water that you reserved until it’s a saucy consistency.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain, reserving some of the pasta water, and toss with around half of the pesto, adding more if needed. Taste and add a pinch of salt salt if needed, but the parmesan is salty so don’t go too crazy.
- To serve, place the sauced pasta into bowls and finish with the remaining parmesan, and a little extra lemon zest if you want to really impress your valentine.