This recipe reminds us of a crisp and cool spring evening on a patio with pals and a nice glass of wine. Takes 10 minutes and needs just 6 ingredients - so you can spend your time snacking and wine-ing instead.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 pack of store-bought gnocchi (or make it yourself!)
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 3 tbsp grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 handfuls of arugula
- 2 tbsp Zesti Seasoning Salt
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, and add the salt. Add the gnocchi and stir to separate. Cook until they float, around 2 minutes.
- Heat a pan over a med-high heat. When a few of the gnocchi start rising to the top, add the butter to the pan. With a slotted spoon, remove the gnocchi and put into the pan. Raise the heat to high, and cook without stirring for a minute or 2. Don’t stir or shake the pan, you want the gnocchi to get some delicious, brown, crispy bits.
- When the gnocchi is crispy, add around ¼ cup of the water the gnocchi was cooked in, a tbsp of parm, and the zesti. Stir together. The starch and cheese will help the butter emulsify, and make a creamy, thick sauce that will coat the gnocchi. Add the arugula, and stir to combine. The heat in the pan will wilt the leaves.
- To serve, pour into 2 bowls, make sure you get all that buttery goodness. Finish with the remaining parm, and a sprinkle of Zesti.
Make it vegan: Use olive oil instead of butter, and use Ooomami Seasoning Salt instead of the cheese.