We're starting to feel the excitement of summertime just around the corner with these crispy, sticky, sweet wings with a little bit of a kick. These wings are oven-baked to perfection and you'll definitely be craving more. The beer is optional but highly recommended if that's your thing!
- 2lbs chicken wings
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Buzz Hot Honey
- 2 green onions (optional)
- 2 tbsp peanuts (optional)
- If your wings are whole, cut the tips off, and split them into drums and flats. To do this, cut through the joint.
- In a bowl, toss with the baking powder and the salt. Lay on a lined baking tray and leave on the counter for 15 minutes. The baking powder gives you a really crispy wing, and is likely the closest you'll come to a restaurant style plate of wings without frying them.
- Preheat your oven to 390f, and bake them for 50 mins - 1 hour. Turn half way through. You’ll know they’re done when they’ve turned golden brown, and look crispy on the outside.
- Slice the green onions, and roughly chop the peanuts.
- In a large bowl, mix the soy and hot honey. Add the wings and toss until the wings are evenly coated. Many recipes say to put the wings back in the oven after the sauce is added, but kitchen pros rarely do this, as it ruins the crispy skin. It’s unnecessary, so save the hassle and get those wings on the table.
- Garnish with green onions and peanuts.
- Savour the moment. Plan to make them again the next day!