Everyone loves a good burger, and this one is definitely drool-worthy! It's packed with flavour and a little bit of heat, perfect for a hot summer's day!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1lb jalapeños
- 1lb ground beef or lamb
- 4 burger buns
- 4 tbsp Smoki Seasoning Salt
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 200ml white vinegar
- 100ml water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 slices of Monterrey Jack
- Slice half of the jalapeños. Place in a jar. In a pot, add the vinegar, salt, sugar and water, and bring to a boil. Pour over the slice jalapeños, seal, and leave out overnight to pickle. Alternatively, just use pickled jalapeños from a jar, this will save some hassle.
- Place the remaining jalapeños on tray, and place under a broiler on the highest heat, and allow to char and blacken. When fully blackened, flip and repeat on the other side.
- Remove from the broiler, and place in a Tupperware and close the lid. This will allow the jalapeños to steam, and will make them much easier to peel.
- When cooled, remove the skins, stems and seeds, and place in a food processor with the mayonnaise. Pulse 3-4 times you still want some chunks, not a puree.
- While the grill heats, form the beef (or lamb) into patties, and season with the Smoki. Cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes each side. After you flip, add the cheese and allow it to melt. Toast the buns on the grill.
- To assemble, spread the roasted jalapeño mayo on both buns, add the burger patty, and add some pickled jalapeños.
Notes: The sauce and pickles can be made the day before, this will make your life a lot easier when it comes to cooking time.