Our spicy take on this Roman classic! Fair warning, if you're Italian and are upset by people messing with your traditions - this will upset you.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- If using bacon, cut into lardons (little pieces) and cook over medium heat in a dry pan until crispy. No oil needed, there is enough (delicious) fat in the bacon. Don’t throw it away, please
- In a bowl, mix 60g of the grated pecorino, egg, and black pepper until combined
- Cook pasta to package instructions
- Add pasta to pan with lardons + bacon fat (if using). Add cheese-egg mixture and combine off the heat. Add some of the pasta water if needed
- Taste for seasoning. Adjust with salt or Oomami
- Finish with remaining pecorino and Hakka-ish Chili Crisp.
Our all-natural chili oil is a union of the spicy goodness of Sichuan cuisine and the bold + thrilling flavours of Indo-Chinese cooking (first introduced to the world by the Hakka diaspora in Kolkata.)