Leftover Christmas Dinner Pizza
by Zing Kitchen
Leftover Christmas dinner? Skip the sandwiches and make this delicious, smokey white focaccia-pizza (focazza??) instead.
- 350g all-purpose flour
- 5g dried yeast
- 280ml lukewarm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 200g smoked mozzarella (or regular mozza!)
- 1 tbsp Hakka-ish Chili Crisp
- 100g-ish cooked turkey
- 6-7 Brussels Sprouts
- 100g-ish leftover ham
- 4 tbsp stuffing
- First, make the dough. Dissolve the yeast in the water. Mix the flour and salt, and then add the water and mix. Knead for 10-15 minutes, until smooth and you can feel it tighten up as gluten forms. This is a pretty high hydration dough, so it will be sticky, but it’s worth it in the end. When it’s kneaded, cover and leave sit in a warm place for approx 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Lounge about/take a nap/read something/play a video game/all of the above for an hour.
- Grease your baking dish. Cast-iron pans (approx. 8”) work particularly well if you have one. Put the dough into the pan, and push out to the edges, while not knocking out all the air. Use your fingertips, not your palms, little dimples are a good thing! Cover and leave aside while you prep the toppings, this will let it get one last rise.
- Grate the cheese, dice the turkey and ham into large chunks.
- Remember those dimples we spoke about? They make great little pockets for the turkey and ham to fit into, and it will stop them from drying out in the oven. Dot the stuffing around the base, and spread the cheese on top all the way to the edges. Put the sprouts on top so they get nice and toasty.
- Place on the middle rack of an oven heated to 425f, and cook for 20-25 minutes. You want it nice and caramelized. If the top hasn’t gotten enough colour, just give it 2 minutes under the broiler.
- Cut into slices, finish with Hakka-ish, tada!
Notes: The quantities for the turkey and ham are very rough estimates, use what you have. Like a little sweetness on your pizza? Put a few patches of cranberry sauce under the cheese.