Spicy Seared Pork Belly
This Korean BBQ inspired dish tastes even better than it looks. Smokey, spicy, sweet and savoury, we promise it will be a show stopper!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Approx 454g thinly sliced pork belly
- 4 green onions
- Handful of shishito peppers/ Chinese long hot peppers
- 4 tbsp Sacha-ish Savoury Chili Condiment
- Pinch of salt
- Handful of crushed peanuts
- Cut the white part of the green onions into 1 inch slices, and finely slice the green part. Cut the sliced pork into bite size pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the pork belly, peppers, white parts of the green onion, Sacha-ish and salt. Marinade for 2 hours to overnight if possible, but it’s still great if you don’t have time to marinade.
- Heat a pan over a high heat, and when it’s smoking add the marinated pork mix. Stirring occasionally, allow to cook through, approx 6-7 minutes. Don’t be afraid to let it char in parts, this will make it even more delicious and smoky tasting.
- Sprinkle the remaining green onions and the peanuts on top, and serve. We had it with steamed rice, but this is a really versatile dish, so serve it with whatever you want!
Chefs tips: Can’t find shishito peppers? We’ve tried it with long horn peppers and poblano peppers and it’s just as delicious. Be creative and use whatever spicy peppers you can find!