This exciting twist on mushrooms on toast makes for the perfect weekend brunch, and best of all, it’s ready in under 10 minutes.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 slices of bread (we used sourdough
- 227g oyster mushrooms (or any mushrooms)
- 1 tsp butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 piece (approx 250g) fresh mozzarella
- 3 tbsp Sacha-ish Savoury Chili Condiment
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- Tear the oyster mushrooms into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Heat a pan over a high heat and add the butter. When it’s melted, add the mushrooms and the salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are browned and cooked through. Add the Sacha-ish and green onion and stir to combine.
- While the mushrooms cook, toast the bread, and slice the fresh mozzarella. To serve, place the mushrooms onto the toast, and lay the fresh mozzarella on top.
Make it Vegan: Swap the butter with cooking oil, and use your favorite vegan cheese, or omit the cheese entirely. The dish is already so flavorful that it’s delicious without it.