Spicy, sweet, salty and refreshing, this light and healthy salad makes for the perfect midweek dinner on these hot summer days.
- 1 cup Snow Peas
- ½ cucumber - sliced
- 1 pack tofu Noodles
- 1 pack firm tofu - diced into 1cm chunks
- 5 radishes- thinly sliced
- 2 green onions
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp honey/sugar
- 4 tbsp Chinese black vinegar/any vinegar you have
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (or any mildly flavoured oil)
- 3 tbsp Mala Chili Seasoning Salt
- Soak the tofu noodles in water for 10-20 minutes.
- Blanch the snow peas in boiling salted water for 1 minute. Drain and immediately cool in an ice bath or under running cold water.
- Heat a pan over a high heat and add a little oil. Add the tofu and saute for 2-3 minutes until it starts to crisp.
- While the tofu is cooking, mix the garlic, 2 tbsp of the Mala, honey/sugar, vinegar and vegetable oil to make the vinaigrette. Keep this in a jar in the fridge and it will keep for a week, this is a really delicious, versatile dressing.
- To serve, mix the noodles, tofu, snow peas, radishes, cucumber, and 4-6 tbsp of the vinaigrette. Finish with the green onions and the remaining Mala.
Notes: Can’t find tofu noodles? Use rice noodles instead, they’re a great sub.