Cucumber, Citrus and Bocconcini Salad
by Zing Kitchen
Perfect for a hot summer day, and best of all, it’s ready in under 10 minutes!
- ½ a cucumber
- 1 grapefruit
- 7-8 mint leaves
- 1 orange
- 10-12 pieces of bocconcini
- 2-4 tsp Hakka-ish Chilli Crisp (your preference)
- generous pinch of coarse sea salt
- Slice the cucumber into ribbons or small pieces. If ribbon-ing: this is easiest to do in with a vegetable peeler, but a mandolin will work great if you have one (the cooking tool, not the instrument, but if you’ve had success slicing cucumber with musical instruments, please let us know).
- To peel the citrus, cut the top and bottom off, and using a knife, cut around a ¼ inch into the skin, following the shape of the fruit. Repeat this all the way around to fully peel. Cut into ¼ inch slices across the length of the citrus.
- To serve, lay some cucumber down on the bottom of the plates, and then lay the citrus on top. Sprinkle the mint leaves on top.
- To finish, spread the bocconcini over the top, spoon over the Hakka-ish, and a sprinkle of the sea salt.