Refreshing and ready in 20 minutes. What’s not to like?
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup of quinoa
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 granny smith apple (or whatever apple you have)
- 4 tbsp of ricotta
- 2 tbsp Buzz Hot Honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice (or vinegar)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 green onion
- Bring the water to a boil, add the quinoa, cover and cook on a low heat for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, leave covered and let sit for 5 minutes.
- While that cooks, slice the apples, toss in the salt and lemon juice/vinegar. This stops the apple from browning after it’s sliced, and the salt brings out the sweet, tangy flavour of the apples. Thinly slice the green onion.
- Spread the Ricotta on the bottom of 2 bowls and drizzle over the Buzz Hot Honey. Place the quinoa on top. Place the apples on top of the quinoa, and finish with the green onion.
Notes: We used quinoa, but you could use brown rice, bulgur wheat, millet, any grain you’d like.